All merchandise coming into any country must clear Customs and Border Protection and is subject to Customs duty, unless specifically exempted by law. Clearance involves a number of steps, which include inspection and appraisement.
Import shipping and customs law requires that duty be paid on goods entering the county, according to its official classification from a tariff schedule. Sometimes a surety bond is required, and some types of goods must meet admissibility standards, with proper permits secured in advance by the importer.
At Newtin Inc., our licensed, professional import services team has years of experience and ensures your goods sail smoothly through the Customs process, which can be fraught with delays and frustrations for the uninitiated.
Our list of import services
- Application for Importer ID: We will obtain this for you from Customs.
- Continuous Bonds: Each import shipment must be bonded, so that government is assured it will receive its correct duty and fees. Frequent shippers often prefer to have a continuous bond to cover all shipments, which we can arrange.
- Customs Examinations: Sometimes Customs and Border Protection randomly selects merchandise for examination. We arrange to get it to the exam site and handle the examination charges, which the importer reimburses.
- Domestic and International Freight: We have established relationships with the most reliable trucking and document delivery services.
- Personal Effects Entry: We typically provide this service for people who have been living overseas and who want to bring their goods back to their own countries
- Specialized Classification: Our experts will know which category your goods fall under.